Thursday, September 1, 2016

Happy First Day of September & Do You Exercise??

  For me August just totally flew by-and sooo fast. July was a rough month and seemed to drag on forever. I am so happy for September as that means fall is just a few weeks away.

  Fall has always been my most favorite time of year. Love the changing fall colors, deep blue skies, and we usually start seeing more deer up by the house.

  The hummingbirds are almost all gone-we still have a couple dozen but I am only filling the feeders twice a day now opposed to 4 or 5 times a day as I had been doing last part of July.

  On another note:

  The last year and a half for me I have gained too much weight (around 8 pounds), and my body is just really changing too-perhaps it is do to my age now-and last year we didn't get in firewood as I had turned the furnace on for winter for the first time ever here. I always had lost 5 pounds from that work out before winter began.
    I stopped walking in June do to the hot weather, rain and all the bugs here, and my left knee started acting up again, which frightened me a bit-as no way do I want surgery of any kind. I really enjoyed the walking-I will take that up again once the humidity is out of here later in the month-just not try to get 8000 steps a day any more.
   So even though I am always doing something in the house-I am not getting much needed exercise.
   I never was one for routine exercise though-never could stick with it, and I am someone that never had to worry about my weight.
   So this week I decided to jump on my ski machine I think it is called by nordic trak which I have had for probably 30 years-and just sits there lol I sure some of you can relate lol  So I grabbed the timer and set it for 5 minutes-wow a huge wake up call on how out of shape I am in now. This morning is the 6th day and it finally went easier-didn't aggravate my asthma this morning and it actually went good. Next week I will add 5 minutes in the evening. 

  I have also never been a big one to drink water throughout the day or actually drink much liquids during the day-so today I am working on that-drink a glass of water in the morning-do my 5 minute exercise and then have my hot tea or decaf coffee. Work on getting another glass or two of water  down during the day. We have good well water here too-so there is no excuse-our well was drilled so deep that it is in an underground river. One of the things that we loved when we bought our property here.

  5 minutes sounds like nothing especially after watching the olympics but when you haven't done any form of physical exercise since early June-- Wow 5 minutes at first seems like a long time. 
   Now it's sticking to it-I am determined to lose 5 pounds and keep it off which for me right now will be a real challenge. I have also gotten into a bad habit of snacking at night while watching tv-I am working on that too-looking for healthier alternatives.

Those of you, seniors especially, that are reading this--how do you stay physically fit??

Have an awesome September everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails