Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Little Catch Up With Photos

I was determined to get some things finished up and accomplished these past couple days. and I did-always a good feeling for me-especially when I am dragging with up and down weather that gets to my allergies.

  I had mentioned in my last post how much I am really enjoying spinning this long wool blend. Here is 110 yards on the niddy noddy after being soaked with some water and let set to dry and set the twist. I am pleased with this although it is still singles but I can still weave with it nicely.
   This is a new niddy noddy that I didn't think I would want since it is made out of plastic. I found these on ebay from a seller that sold these 2 yard ones and 1 yard with lots of color choices. The ones I had made are not holding together since they get wet with each use-the glue doesn't hold and they are not staying together enough to use without glue. So after using this one I really love it and bought one more.
  (note click on photos to enlarge)


I made up some pillows from the two embroidered blocks that didn't fit in my quilt, homespun fabrics, and a piece of fabric with fishing frogs that I fell in love with. They were all completed except for hand sewing them closed-so just finished that this afternoon.


Late yesterday afternoon I started on my fleece blanket project for my baseball team KC Royals. I ended up working on it til 11 pm and got up this morning and finished it up-love it and it is so warm and cozy. I only wish I could watch more of the games-this is StLouis Cardinals territory so no Royals broadcasts here. I need to look into getting a radio that would work out here in the woods and draw in the game. we also have no live streaming here being so rural.


and lastly I took this cute photo of a squirrel enjoying one of the oranges I quartered and put out for the wildlife. I had to put out a whole bag since they ended up being all bad-but the fox and others love these.



Happy May Day everyone!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails