Saturday, November 21, 2015

It's Cold, Very Windy, and Snowing this Morning-It's a Hot Cocoa Morning

Looks like a winter wonderland this morning-the snow won't last long or get much deeper-but it sure is beautiful. Click photos to enlarge






I love hot cocoa on these kind of mornings, and I just happened to have a little of my own mix left over from last year.


Kathy's Healthier Version of Cocoa Mix

1 cup dry milk-like Carnation or from the health food store
3/4 cup sweetening-to keep the sugars down-I use half Splenda and half coconut sugar
1/2 cup cocoa-I use Hershey's special dark, or a very dark cocoa-your choice.

Stir to blend than store in an air tight container-I usually double or triple this recipe to last the whole season.

To serve: I fill up a large mug with almond milk-or any milk of choice or water-and stir in 3 tablespoons of the mix I pop in the microwave til warm-whisk again-and then heat til hot-then top with mini  marshmallows.

I started making my own mix after really reading what is in those store bought mixes-the no sugar ones are usually very high in salt and fat, and the sugar ones are high in fat and sugar-with this mix you can use the sweetening and type of cocoa of your choice. To make dairy free, just mix up the cocoa and sweetening and add to your non dairy milk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails