Friday, October 30, 2015

Good Morning Brrrrr it is quite chilly in the house this morning

  Good morning all, I haven't posted in a bit so a little catch up
   I absolutely can not complain about the weather this month as it has been perfect. A couple days ago we did get a little much needed rain -first in about 2 months now. Still no killing frost here, but this  morning had to be in the low 30s as the house is quite chilly with no heat.
    I am reluctant to start using wood yet as we only have one rack left and Most of next week brings us back to those perfect 70s and low 40s and 50s at night so perfect for us right now-as we wait for the furnace to get hooked up.

   Hubby is pretty much moved into his new shop space. Just a few more things to get moved in. Plumbing still needs to get finished for the bathroom. I still serve everyone lunch at noon-but it is really nice now not to have everyone in the house during the day. 
     Soon I will be able to clean hubby's room in the house-it was just sooo packed that no way to clean in there really. There is a huge vintage trunk in that room with all of our leather coats, vests, etc that I will finally be able to get to-excited about that for sure-and in one corner we have these very awesome cabinets-floor to ceiling with loads of drawers-that have my clay molds for large cookie baking-so excited about that too and just in time for holiday baking. And hubby will finally have his room back so he can work on his own personal things. I think he will really enjoy that again.

   For my living room project the walls are now all painted. I do love the color, but had spent allot of money on glaze and paint for the leaves-that just did not work out-so painted over it.The idea was for the leaves to stand out when you walked in the room-but since the leaves were the only textured areas on the wall it looked like blobs of color instead of the leaves. That was disappointing for me for sure.  Afterwards, someone suggested that I could have colored the plaster mud for the leaves and applied that after the walls were painted-not sure how that would have turned out--but when you are in the room near a wall one can still enjoy the leaves-so it's a subtle detail. The biggest plus for me is that this room is finally more "normal", clean and freshly painted, and no more huge water stains up on the ceiling-loving that.

  I took a couple photos-there is so much light in this room that it is difficult to capture the color which is a lovely brown tone-- photos will enlarge







  As to my Pergo flooring, the more I tried to find the right information for installing online it got more confusing for me as the information was different. I also don't know how to make the cuts needed around the room, don't know how to install that piece that goes on between floors-so with a little push from our friend that visited last week I decided to call Lowes for installation. I also discovered that for the baseboards around the room I can buy the matching Pergo.  The installers will be here late today for the measurements of the room-they said they do that cause some people don't purchase enough materials. I lose another week after I purchase the trims too-would be nice if they could install the floor just in time for deer camp. 
     I have a few very heavy pieces of furniture in this room-of course that costs more money for them to move, I need to find out if the room needs to be emptied or if they can install half the room and then move that furniture over on top of it. Otherwise I need to figure out where to put some of these pieces-I know I always over think these things lol but I want to be prepared.

  One thing always leads to another expense it seems-our huge projection tv is  about 13 years old now and is starting to lose color, I was noticing the change but didn't realize how bad til hubby watched a show with me last night-he usually is up working in the middle of the night through supper time so he hits the sack early and watches a tv in the bedroom. So now to research tvs online-so confusing, and is it better to catch sales end of November or buy in January when newer tvs are out??
  It will also may be difficult for me to get used to these new tvs as for the last 30 years we have watched a 60" projection tv  oh well

   On to baseball, as I wrote this time last year I have never watched baseball games hardly ever especially not on tv-but about 3 years ago I started watching the Kansas City Royals-and I love this team-I love their personalities, that they fight for the win always-really fight for it-and most all the players chew gum not chewing tobacco lol   So it has been sooooo much fun for me watching these championship games-I sure hope they bring in the win.
   Of course I wanted a sweatshirt or a fleece blanket to wear while watching the games-but the online prices for me at this stage of my life were just too expensive-$50.00 on up plus shipping sorry I can't do that anymore. So I went on Ebay and searched out handmade bracelets-and I found a seller making team inspired jewelry at very affordable prices and free shipping-so happy with my purchase-I ended up buying one for the KC Royals and one for the Green Bay Packers both less expensive than one sweatshirt-and fun to wear as well. She also let me choose all the charms that I wanted and she made the KC Royals charm for me-so am very pleased-if interested here is her page on Facebook-she is also on Ebay




Now that I have written a book I better close this post-lol Happy Halloween everyone

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails