Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe

  It's time for apple baking and everything pumpkin soon too.
   The other day I browsed on Pinterest for recipe ideas for an apple crisp gluten free. I have not perfected a good gluten free pie crust as of yet so I do enjoy other versions of baked fall fruits.
    I pinned one recipe that I used as a guide and then changed up allot of things-less sugars and added gluten free oat flakes and raisins. Here is my recipe

Kathy's Apple Crisp

4- 6 apples peeled and sliced thinly
1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1/2 cup splenda or organic sugar-or more to taste
1/4 cup (twice) coconut sugar-or more to taste
1 teaspoon apple pie spice or cinnamon
3/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup gluten free oat flakes
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
6 tablespoons butter-or coconut oil
I used a deep dish glass pie pan-grease with a little butter
combine the apples, raisins, apple pie spice, splenda, coconut sugar and place in pie pan
In a bowl combine the gluten free oat flakes, brown rice flour, xanthan gum, 1/4 cup coconut sugar and add the melted butter-mix til all moistened with the butter- sprinkle over apples
bake 45 minutes or til apples are tender I did cover with foil for about half the baking time.
serve warm add a little greek yogurt on top
enjoy


We enjoyed this warm out of the oven last night and for breakfast this morning.  When I make this again I will use more apples to fill the pan up and probably double the other ingredients.

Feel free to share your favorite fall apple recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails