Friday, June 12, 2015

Home Again-Catch Up

  It is always soooo good to be back home again, especially from the Greyhound rides.

  As I have mentioned before I have been riding Greyhound buses ever since 1967 when I was in college. Didn't have a car back then so easier to ride Greyhound to visit home. Through the years where ever I have lived I always took Greyhound to visit back home. I am not a strong driver and also would not want to drive long hours by myself-especially now since I am older. However in all these years this is the worse trip I have ever taken. These trips are always long do to the layovers between buses, but as Mitch had mentioned in comments in my last post-this would be an endurance test for sure.
   Not to bore you with the play by play let me just say out of the 6 buses (3 going and 3 coming back) only one bus was as it should be-on time, and a comfortable ride. The other 5 buses-one driver did not know how to get to the Chicago bus terminal so she asked passengers for help, thankfully there was a chicago person on board she was also running 2 hours late so I missed my last connection home,        another bus the driver didn't know how to get to Gary Indiana terminal so he took us an hour and half the wrong direction so our bus was 3 hours late getting in, Thankfully the girl going to Gary knew the way-her poor sister ended up waiting for her for over 3 hours and she did not have cell phone to know what was happening.
      another bus they called in a driver from his vacation so he said he was taking his time-I got in a half hour late, 
     my last bus home the driver never showed up to work so two hours later we finally got a driver-and he did not know the route, I had to show him the way to my stop, and his bus lost the a/c two stops back-quite the endurance and patience test for sure.
    This was the first time in a long time I got major "bus sick" (car sick) not good. and this was a hard trip since the turn around was real short-these bones can't take that anymore lol I seriously believe that this will by my last Greyhound trip ever-will have to figure out another way to get back home if I need to.

     By the time visitation and services were held I had just gotten off the bus and into my hotel room three hours earlier-I managed that somehow without making a fool of my self.
   
   The services for Mom were lovely, We had asked for no flowers but donations to her favorite library instead. There was a large gathering of co-workers, friends, and family. I was so pleased that most all my cousins were there (brothers and sisters of my Mom's brother) I was not expecting that. Also one of my favorite cousins was their with her granddaughter (my father's sister's daughter) and I hadn't shed a tear until my little sister's best friend came and I knew who she was right away.That was a very special moment for me (my sister was lost to a drunk driver right after her college graduation back in the late 70's and I had not seen her friend since then) 
    Some of my cousins drove long distances to attend so my brother and I invited them to meet up for dinner at a local restaurant. This group of us has not been all together for at least 20 to 25 years so a wonderful catch up. I really enjoyed that allot.  I got back to my hotel room around 9:30pm and definately fell right to sleep

     Every thing is fine now between my brother and I, I was pretty upset with him for awhile on the way he was handling some things-but that is all clarified and in the past now. He had Mason things to do on my last day there after our morning of business and graveside services, so he dropped me off at one of my blog friend's home-Carol after I took him out to lunch.
     I didn't bring a camera along so no photos to share, and where I live smart phones don't really work and I really don't need one with our lifestyle so no photos that way either, but Carol, her husband and I had a wonderful visit, supper, and and they gave me a ride back to the Greyhound station. Thanks so much again Carol for everything. Isn't it always so special to hook up with a blog friend?

  Still very hot and humid here as it was the last day I had in Indiana, but surprise the a/c was working-thank you thank you hubby for that. Our house has been closed up so when I walked in the air smells really "musty" so I have some catch up cleaning to do this coming week-but so happy the air was back on-that will help with air quality too.

  I think I will need the weekend to catch up on sleep and food and to start feeling not sick again. Hope so as I have a little weeding in the veggie garden to catch up on and also lots of weed spraying to do as well around the house-but I see we have lots of rain chances coming back into the weather forecast.

      I also wanted to mention if you did not read my last post-that I had a major virus in my main email account so if you have kathyinozarks in your address book please take that out and replace it with packerfan1  emails are still messed up with my etsy account so that is on vacation mode and also facebook is messed up too til we create another email for those accounts. 
   

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails