Sunday, June 7, 2015

Update: Your Comments Shoud Work Now Catch Up, a Little Spinning and Email Woes

 I thought I had changed my email where I needed to, but forgot to go into settings and in comments change my email there too-so if you tried to leave a comment before it should work now-thanks and big hugs and thank yous to my friend Karen H to help me test things out-I had three different spots to change my email in settings-

                          Good morning Sunday
I thought I would do a little catch up blog before I leave on my Greyhound bus trip back home to Indiana.

Still continue to get sooo much rain here. There was flooding around me down by the rivers but nothing severe like in Oklahoma and Texas-but still just too much rain. The ranchers here are having a difficult time getting their hay cut as we have not yet had three days in a row with no rain. Yesterday and today though no rain as of yet but very hot and humid-mid 90's today.

We had another nice visit from one of our friends up in northern Illinois where we lived before retirement. Larry had just been feeling well enough to fix the brush hog-as we have not been able to do any mowing here, so you can imagine how tall it had gotten-over waist high. Larry had cut around the house before our friend arrived but then our friend spent an entire day on the old Ford tractor cutting most of the rest, which he totally enjoyed. Big thank yous again to him.

One of the next things we need to get fixed is our central a/c it just started getting really uncomfortable here yesterday with the high humidity and near 90 f and today more of the same but much warmer.

At the end of last month I needed to get a pair of glasses re adjusted. These were new glasses 3 years ago now and just could not get them to sit on my face right so I could see out of them I have also had really bad allergies which has affected my eyes too. So I decide to go back, and boom down I fell on their concrete step. This is one step that comes up out of no where and I always forget about it-but in the past have always caught myself before falling-not this time-I went down hard on both knees and both hands-ouch is right. So thankful nothing is broken.
     My one knee is still sore inside, and I ended up with a big hole at the bottom of my right hand. This ended up getting infected-so I put an herbal drawing salve on it for two days and went on some old antibiotics that I had. That is finally healing over now. Thank goodness.

I have security on my computer but somehow I picked up a major virus in the main email I use. I was getting over 200 spams for two days in a row even after running extra security stuff and spybot. The third day my computer started doing really crazy stuff and I was locked out of that email. So I called my provider yesterday and he highly suggested I delete that email-sigh double sigh-it will take me awhile to change allot of business stuff. So the email you have been using for me has now been changed. I changed it here in my settings, so it should go into my alternate email. Just so you know if I am in your address book to take that out as I have a new one now. tech stuff-not fun at all sometimes.

I did just finish up with a new book. The Host by the same author that wrote the Twilight series. I bought this since I so enjoyed the Twilight books. This was a sci fi book, and it took me several tries to get into the book. The first chapters I read a couple times cause I couldn't figure out what was going on. Once I read further into the book, the better the story became and I loved the ending. She also included a second ending which I have not read yet. This book unlike her Twilight books-I could put down for awhile but it was still well written and a good love story.

As to my veggie garden-still enjoying fresh greens which will come to an end soon, onions, swiss chard and beets growing well. Do to all the rain I have lost a few of my tomato plants and my beans so need to dry out-since I have been amending the soil with compost and straw these last three years, they are doing better than I have expected. With the cooler weather than usual and all the rain I have had a good crop of my snow peas-so we have been enjoying those in stir frys and salads and was even able to freeze some.

For my trip-I need to pack up today after trying out my clothes one more time to make sure everything goes together ok. Charge up the cell phone we use for trips, and pack up some food for the bus rides.
   The most difficult part of this trip will be to stay awake for 24 hours or more as these are both all night bus trips with long layovers. I feel that I am mentally ready though. I also will be meeting one of my new blog friends who just happens to live nearby, so I am really looking forward to that part of my little trip. 
    Wednesday will be a really long day-so much planned starting very early in the day, so I had seriously thought of staying one more night for a really good nite's sleep before coming home-but then the check out is 11 am and still a night bus at 8:30pm on that day too-with nothing planned-so decided to stick with my original arrangements.

    I am hoping once I get back home things will settle down to more normal again. In July we have friends from Pennsylvania driving in for a visit, and I have my Fiber U spinning class to look forward to. Also this month our friend Mr L and his wife celebrate 50 years together-their son is having a party for them

  After packing this morning I dug out my little bag of wool I had natural dyed with pokeberry last year-loving the color, still working on my drafting to get my yarn thinner-hand spuns are always great for weaving saori when they are still not even


Related Posts with Thumbnails