Saturday, December 6, 2014

I Found it-an Excellent Gluten Free Spritz Cookie

I had been searching off and on this past week for a recipe that didn't use loads of butter, sugar or eggs, and I found it on Pinterest.

I changed it up slightly, following is the recipe with a couple of my changes. These were so good I ended up making two batches. My spritz press makes larger cookies than the usual smaller cookies which is actually kinda nice. I ended up with close to 3 dozen cookies per batch. These are a delicious almond cookie-kinda like a shortbread but not crumbly. 







Kathy's GF Spritz Cookies
3/4 cup coconut oil-melted or very softened
1/2 cup organic sugar
1 egg-organic or free range if possible
1 Tbsp almond milk-or any milk of your choosing
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour (find in a good health food store, ethnic Japan grocery store, or online-lots on amazon grocery)
1 cup tapioca starch-flour (same thing)
3/4 cup almond meal if dough too soft add another 1/4 cup I did not need to
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. line cookie sheets with parchment paper
Thoroughly cream together the coconut oil and sugar (if you have softened the coconut to oil it will come together once the egg is in-just beat well til the egg is in)

Add the extracts, milk, and egg and beat well. in a seperate bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients-I sift in the baking powder to avoid lumps. Then by big spoon fulls mix well with your hand mixer. I did not need to add in the extra almond meal but if you need to-do now.
do not chill-put right in your spritz press-and press away.
bake 9 minutes-I baked mine about 5 minutes longer which made them a harder cookie.
can sprinkle on sugar if you like or frost


I am making these and freezing most-so we don't eat them all at once-lol  I may put a light sugar glaze on them-I couldn't believe it I bought both red and green sugar sprinkles and they have wheat in them-what? Never even thought to check the ingredients before buying-who knew?



Oh and my papermaking kit arrived in today's mail, along with some quality coffee for the winter months that I ordered from Green Mountain online-now under Keurig I think.   I am off to give my body a rest-no fun getting older as I can't work in the kitchen long days any more. I do enjoy all the holiday baking. It is fun for me--

Have an awesome weekend!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails