Saturday, September 20, 2014

Busy Busy Here-Alpaca Dyed with Pokeberry, Apples Picked, and Wild Coral Mushrooms Too

I finished up the pokeberry dye pot this morning. If interested more about it here


We just got back from picking apples at a neighbors. We picked a bucket full for the deer and Mr L's horse, and we picked 4 buckets full for me to make into applesauce and perhaps a pie-we'll see about the pie lol  I think my bad hand can handle cutting these into quarters better than peeling them. They are perfect since the owner did not spray them but they are pretty nice considering.

Yesterday Mr L brought a huge bag over of the wild coral mushrooms-these are excellent eating fresh, but also excellent canned so I will be doing that this weekend too-I gave about half of them away to our neighbor that gave us the apples, and the guys will be going out later today to hopefully pick more-I need allot to make setting up the canner worth it.

This will be a glorious last weekend of summer too-in the 80s and perhaps just a little rain coming in tonight.

Have an awesome weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails