Saturday, August 30, 2014

Peach Upside Down Cake Out of the Oven




I baked up this fresh peach upside down cake while watching Notre Dame's first game of the season. Great game so far. Go Irish.

 Smells delicious.

My new favorite gluten free yellow cake mix is by Hodgson Mill-I love it so much better than I what was using before. For the fruit on the bottom,  I melted 1/4 cup of butter added to bottom of pan, sprinkled in coconut sugar to cover the butter, add quality cinnamon and the sliced fresh peaches-in two layers-added a little more cinnamon and then the cake batter.

Like my recipe for pineapple upside down cake-these gluten free cakes are difficult to get baked done in the center-so after about 20 minutes or more the top of the cake will be just set enough to place a piece of parchment paper on top of the cake and won't stick to the batter-which is important-so make sure the top is no longer wet to the touch.
     Then I time and recheck every 10 minutes to test for doneness in the middle-I bake in a glass pan so I bake at 325 f instead of the 350-so it will take longer than the instructions say. Usually takes close to an hour with all the fruit on the bottom too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails