Hubby is going on his mini vacation in a couple weeks, and I had mentioned we found the perfect size granny cart-or shopping cart-this will be perfect for him and his friend when they walk around a huge gun show they are going to, also flea markets. Larry mostly looks for scopes that he can re sell or fix broken ones to re sell.
Since it is a wire frame it needs a liner-so decided I would make one. In my stash I had the perfect fabrics for him.
So, yesterday I found a pattern online-I am someone that needs a little pattern to get started. I found one here I really liked the looks of it and was exactly what I needed.
However, the instructions are incorrect for putting it together, at least it didn't work for me. When I read it, I was thinking well I have never done it that way before, but perhaps a new technique.
Nope I had to take it all apart. Usually for something similiar to this-I would sew all the panels together into a tube-then just sew that to the bottom piece-easing in the corners-I just keep the needle down in the corners, lift the foot, turn, and continue sewing-works perfectly and easy-so that's what I did today-took it all apart and re did it.
I also would have made the ties a little longer than 12" too. and I thought of that when I was cutting it out but didn't act on it. I think 15" would be better.
So I was thrilled when I turned the piece inside out and placed it in the cart-it fits! whoo hooo lol. I have a couple finishing touches and then it will be complete. The cart also still folds up nicely with the liner inside.(don't look at the dirty floors please-just the cart and liner lol)