Friday, May 30, 2014

I Used a New Recipe for Making a Gluten Free PIzza Crust

Gluten free pizza update: (recipe for crust came from America's Test Kitchen new gluten free cookbook
Turned out excellent! I always make our own homemade pizzas-we usually like a deep dish type crust opposed to those thin cracker like crusts. So when the recipes say to make two crusts from the dough-I make it as one-I have a couple large pizza stones.
this recipe however-had an excellent rise-turned out really perfect-but next time I will make this into two crusts or halve the ingredients for one crust.
this recipe calls for allot of wait time-so next time I will know to start out really early so after the first bake it can totally cool down-and then finish up with the super hot oven. I am very pleased with the results.
I found information online about the recipe here
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/videos/2760-science-gluten-free-pizza-dough and here is a link to the book where the recipe is
http://www.amazon.com/The-How-Gluten-Free-Cookbook/dp/1936493616


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails