Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Friday---and the Winners Are & Update: We Have Baby Gosslings

   Good morning all, and it's a beautiful cooled down morning here in the ozarks. We ended up with a thunder storm that seemed to come out of no where last night-so we got some much needed rain, lower humidity and cool air-love it.

   If you remember-I am drawing for two jars of my Whipped Chamomile Butter-I wanted to give out a couple samples, and giveaways are always fun.

   I wanted to thank all of you that entered and especially for the names for my geese. Such awesome ideas for names too, and some had great thought to them. I was torn between a couple entries but in the end I chose Karen H who wrote:

 Karen HFri May 09, 07:08:00 AM 2014
Since they are Canada geese how about John and Isabella (or Izzy for short). Sir John A MacDonald was one of the Fathers of Confederation and the first Prime Minister of Canada! Thanks for the chance to win Kathy!

    So Sir John and Izzy it is.  (check back for update on their hatch)

Everyone that entered with a name for my geese pair I also put their name in for the other jar drawing.

And winner for the second jar is Gill

Kinda fitting that the first jar is going to Canada and the second jar is going to the UK

Congrats to both of you! 

9:15am UPDATE   I just finished up with filling the hummingbird feeders, so I took a walk around the garden and in back of my mini veggie garden are the two small ponds. The pair had walked the little bridge and were standing around on the bank of the pond-thought well maybe they are cooling the eggs or maybe--- so I went back in the house and grabbed the binoculars-don't want to get too close at this point.
    They saw me and one went swimming-with little ones behind her-happy dancing-saw at least 3--I have a good zoom on my little camera so will see later on if I can a get a photo-now how cool is that-gosslings and on the day of the drawing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails