Friday, April 25, 2014

I Took a Nice Hike Early This Morning

The guys were going fishing at Ha Ha Tonka state park which is not too far from where we live, so I decided to tag along so I could take a hike.

This is a gorgeous area near Lake in the Ozarks with allot of history. Find more here and here is information on all the trails in the park-I took the Spring Trail but wasn't able to get to the castle at the end of the trail-as they had it blocked off do to problems with visitors destroying the landscape digging up plants etc-I was so bumbed I couldn't finish-but had an awesome hike. and I did climb most all those 300 plus stairs.



just click on photos to enlarge-as I was going into the woods on the hike-there was a spot I could still see the guys fishing out on the dock. 





   
Up on top there you can see the ruined castle





If you look closely you can see the steam rising from this log. I took my walk early in the morning. I could only go a little past this log when the park closed the last climb to the castle.


Look closely and you can see a young squirrel-I stopped to take a breath and caught two young squirrels playing in this tree

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails