Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Let's Bee Social

Good morning Wednesday, I am linking up with Let's Bee Social Today.

This is a weekly event held every Wednesday to share with quilt friends on what we are working on, or just to chat and visit. The link to join in or to visit and read is on my right hand column.

It has been awhile now since I linked up-cause I was really busy with Vicki's Grow Your Blog Party-over 600 blogs in the hop-wow-and it was amazing-really enjoyed meeting new people.and in the process I read many that were making all things hexagons or diamonds-so I just had to try.

If you have the time to read through my last 3 posts-they are all about making my very first hexies, along with civil war hexies, and links to crocheted, knitted, and wool blankets and quilts made with these little guys.

So that my first sample would get used; I decided to make another flower and then put some batting inside and sew the two flowers together for a mug rug coaster just for me-




Since my last link up I have completed the hand quilting and the binding on the quilt I was working on-the before dementia memory quilt of my Mom.  I am now up to sewing the label on the back and deciding how to handle these words that will go into the hearts on the border. I made the mistake of cutting them out as they were set up for me-turn and sew down-and I don't like them-some are too large and some the edges do not look nice-so I gotta be in the mood for this part



Cold winter temperatures are back in the Ozarks too, teens tonight with a little snow in the forecast all week long.

I am so ready for spring this year-more so than most years I think.  My husbands new apprentice has a little greenhouse and he offered to grow veggie seeds for me-yesterday he said my broccoli and brussel sprouts were up and looking good-yeah!

So glad you dropped by for a visit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails