Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's Almost New Year's Eve & Glass Hexie Template Arrived

 I am actually quite excited about welcoming in a new year-I need a new one-lol

  I am pretty much ready for the evening shrimp boil just down the road at our friend Mr L's place. The nuts are even better today-had to try one lol, the divinity has been packed and ready, and I have the mini sweet peppers halved and ready to stuff. I checked online and there were lots of ideas for spicing up the cream cheese-but they all said to bake or boil for a few minutes. So I will pop these in the oven about half an hour before we leave. It takes probably 5 or 7 minutes to get there, and said to bake around 15 minutes.

  I also made up a batch of fresh cranberries and wild blackberries for a chunky sauce-may take that too or not.

  The next thing is to figure out what I can wear-as I have not been able to put on a pair of jeans for a couple weeks now. (my poor back)  Probably sweat pants-too wierd-lol Oh well.

  One of the first things I am going to try making is a hexie-as I have never made one. My new blog friend Val sells templates made out of thick glass so I ordered a large one, and asked if it was possible to get a clear glass one for fussy cutting too. I got them in-and can't wait to use them now. I am also thinking of using these templates to cut out wool-instead of making round wool circles for pennys why not use a hexie shape?? So that is on my list to try as well. Oh and here is a link with photos of hexagon quilts They are made teenie tiny or larger-I am going for larger at the moment.

Hope you have a safe and fun New Year's Eve


13 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! Soooo glad the template arrived in one piece!! Love the idea of wool Hexagons.I"m going to try that along with your this year. As soon as I finish the appplique I'm about done with...wool is my "hand applique" for 2014. (Remember to try using the template with your rotary cutter too...but both scissor and rotary work well with the template) Man! I wish I was going to your party tonight!!!! Have fun!!! TTYS..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the clear one is really pretty glass too-love it! I am definately anxious to try these out-

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Kathy and I look forward to seeing what you get up to with the templates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My party is listening to snips of music from the 80's on TV. Boy, were we ever young! Enjoy your party and the new year. Hexie quilts are lovely! Don't you just love Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to just love Pinterest-but about a year ago they upgraded and I thought I needed to too so clicked on the upgrade-it is now useless to me-cause the pin no longer takes me back to the original information-it just takes me to others that have pinned the same thing-so I am no longer there.
      I have written them numerous times if I could be switched back and they have never replied-so I am not liking pinterest any more.
      the party was nice-small group of friends enjoying good eats-my stuffed sweet peppers and divinity were a big hit

      Delete
  4. Oh you, Larry, and Mr. L are going to enjoy the evening with all those goodies!!!! Happy New Year to you all!!!! The quilting templates sound fun, too!! My package came today, Kathy, and I was almost in tears. Thank you so much dear sister!! I can't wait to get started reading as I ring in the new year! Also can hardly wait for good fishing weather this spring and another visit to see you!! Love and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great evening out!!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2014 Kathy! Hope you had a fun time last night. The food sounds absolutely delicious! I think your resolution should be no more sore backs. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do that?

    Take it from me,once you try out making some hexagons you are going to be hooked! I know because I'm addicted to that six sided shape and all its variations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Kathy, hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way past new years eve now but I hope you guys had a real nice time at your friends and are enjoying the new year now. Hope you are not getting too much of the terrible weather that is covering your part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Susan yes it was a nice evening with friends-and yep we are right in the middle of this bad storm-10" of snow and this morning its 17 below actual temp. high winds coming in so the wind chills will be -30 brrrrr we will not be going outdoors

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my pages. I enjoy reading your comments very much; for me it's just like getting mail-and I really do love mail!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails