Thursday, December 26, 2013

Good Morning & Blogging Fun in 2014

 Still ice on trees and things this cold morning in the Ozarks, but looks like the sun is trying to shine-as pretty as the ice is, we need to get that all melted off the tree limbs and power lines. Hoping today is the day.

  Geez I am still having lower back problems so can't even pick up anything heavy right now-that is a pain when you heat with wood only-it's been about two weeks now. Good thing is this is the first I have messed up my back for a few years now-so those stretch exercises do help. On to more fun things---



  I wanted to share a couple events I am going to participate in this coming year. I have the button links on the top of my right hand column, just click for more information.

  The first one that starts is Let's Bee Social. This is on Sew Fresh Quilts blog. Her event is held every Wednesday and starts January 1st 2014. The concept of this linky party is to be social and to meet and share with other quilters. One is encouraged to link up a post of something you want to share, and then buzz around meeting others that have also linked up. This is an awesome way to meet new quilters and friends. 

  The next one is the 2nd annual Grow Your Blog Event that has been organized by Vicki at 2 Bags Full. This is another social event to meet new bloggers and find new friends. 
     When I first came here to Blogger I had such a difficult time finding new friends to blog and share with that I had gotten very discouraged. That all changed when I participated in Vicki's event in January 2013.  It is amazing how many blogs that are participating in this-in the 100's. 
    This event is held on January 25th 2014. I had so much fun last January that I will be participating again this year. I will also be having a giveaway to share on my post that day.

I have also decided to link up with Cat Patches for her 2014 New FO Challenge. This event is held the last day of each month and for all those that link up each month she is holding a drawing for a quilt themed lapel pin.  This linky party is to encourage us to start a quilt project-and no we don't have to finish it-lol  I have so many things I just want to get started on that I decided to join in on this one.

So if you are wanting to find new blogs to read and meet new friends please join in. I love being inspired by others and meeting new friends. Since we live secluded here in the woods I really value the friendships here in my blogging community. 

I am ready for a new year.

12 comments:

  1. How fun Kathy I am signed up for those as well! We should have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We heat with wood, too! Sorry to hear you are having back trouble. Hope those exercises help and get you feeling better soon. Thanks so much for sharing all the great links coming up. I am sew looking forward to a fun New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both love heating with wood but we are getting older, hubby is almost 70 and has severe arthritis so he can't really handle the wheel barrel either. we have a little warm up for a few days so I am just bundling up in the house-and hopefully by monday I can bring some wood in.
      I am looking forward to get some sewing done this coming year too-thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  3. It seems to be the season of back problems. I've just come from a friend's page and she was complaining of back pain. Hope both of you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your back. It's something I've suffered with in the past, so I know how you feel. I hope that ice continues to melt. I had another really bad storm last night, gale-force winds and heavy rains. Couple of big trees further up the road came down during the night, but the local council's tree-crew were on the case pretty quickly and had them cut up and taken away before morning. I'm feeling a little bit better today. I actually managed to eat something last night for the first time since Monday, and also managed about two hours sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hood morning Mitch glad to read you are beginning to finally feel better. I was reading one of my blog friends post and she sounds like she has the same thing as you-she had to tell all the grandkids they couldn't visit til she was better-what a bummer during the holidays.
    the is pretty much melted now-we were one of the lucky areas that did not have power failures-we went through a really bad one 6 yeas ago-so glad we missed this time around. now we have thick mud here everywhere-a real mess to feed the wild critters. back to bitter cold saturday evening-I am thinking this is going to be a rough winter for this area here.
    sounds like you are having very bad weather too-we will all survive-God willing-Happy New Year Mitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see I should have proof read this for spelling errors first-lol

      Delete
  6. kathy I am so sorry to hear your back is still bothering you. Not good. I hope that you can get some rest and that it will heal up. Happy New Year old friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Susan-Happy New Year to you as well-hugs

      Delete
  7. Take care of yourself and feel better soon! Thanks for the info on what's ahead! Hugs from Florida, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my pages. I enjoy reading your comments very much; as it's like getting mail-and I really do love mail!
I try to respond back to each of you. If you are a noreply blogger I will respond back here, otherwise through email. During my giveaways if you are a noreply blogger you must include your contact information in your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails