Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Good Day for Baking Cookies

We have another cold dreary day today-so I put away all my soap making supplies, scrubbed down my stove and counters and decided to bake up cookies.

 I also brought out my vintage wooden cutting board that I use for roll out cookies. My brother had gotten me this as a wedding gift over 30 years ago. I will make up the dough for gingerbread and the white roll outs and let sit overnight for tomorrow's baking.

First  cookie I wanted to bake up was a batch of flourless peanut butter cookies but looked for a different recipe than the one I had used before. I found this one and like it much better. The coarse sea salt on top makes this cookie special, and I liked it that the recipe just had one egg.  I doubled the recipe. For the sugars I used half coconut sugar and the other half splenda. I am really loving using coconut sugar in place of brown sugar.


I have a big folder of Christmas recipes and found one I hadn't tried yet: Soft Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies. Here is the recipe After the cookies are baked the recipe said to use little stencils and sift confectioners sugar on top of cookie. Thinking at first I didn't have any stencils, I then thought yes I do, I can use those metal discs for the spritz cookies. These are awesome tasting and I will have to double the recipe next time as they didn't make allot.

My changes to this recipe were coconut oil instead of butter, splenda for part of the sugar, and gluten free baking flour mix with 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum. I used special dark cocoa from Hershey and I used organic unsulphured molasses. I also added slivered candied ginger to the batter.


The one missing was taste tested by hubby-lol

I think I will a break and watch some KC Chiefs football and then mix up the roll out dough

Happy Sunday

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails