Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Almost Over

   Sometimes when I think about this year it has really sped by, but allot has happened too. February we lost our furry family member Nikita, whom we still miss so much-she was special and we just really connected with her emotionally. That same month a very long time blog friend died suddenly from an aggressive cancer. I think of her often especially when using one of her recipes.

   My mother's dimentia has gotten much worse since she broke her hip in May. This is a terrible disease that strikes so many. Being a bit selfish I pray every day I don't get it also. My brother has found her an excellent care facility-and she seems happier when I talk with her now on the phone.

   Progress was made on the bathroom project, every year I hope it's the year I get it finished. It's a work of art in progress so I continue to approach it that way. When it's finished-then it will be finished-lol  I also tried some new hand dye techniques and am enthused about doing more this coming year. I am also excited about getting new quilts started and made, and also get back to my weaving and rug hooking. Now that I have a little fenced in garden area-I am excited about spring veggie gardening too.

   Economics is still really bad for us, but I continue to be hopeful things will get better for us. I continue to work up recipes and make things for my Etsy shops.  This coming month I will be offering new bath teas, a coconut milk bath, and more whipped butters for moisturizers. Fun!

    Today my back hurt too much to sit-that's the thing with a sore back it seems to change from day to day. So I made some things to take over tomorrow night for Mr L's shrimp boil New Year's Eve gathering.  I decided on a different recipe for spiced nuts-and I really love it. I didn't want the nuts to taste like a Christmas spiced nut, so I looked for something with herbs. and found Mississippi Spiced Nuts here  Very tasty. I doubled the recipe and it fits nicely into a quart zip lok bag.  I also made divinity fudge with mint extract and a little green food color-excellent! I baked Larry a peach pie-that was already to bake in the freezer. Tomorrow I am going to work on a cream cheese filling to put into those little sweet peppers that I will split in half-that should make a nice appetizer too.

    And surprise for me-Larry ordered me a little Eden Pure heater to help me out-the UPS man dropped it off after supper.
      I love it so far-wasn't that sweet of him??

If I don't post again tomorrow-Happy New Year my dear friends.

   

11 comments:

  1. I love seeing Nikita's loving face on your page whenever I visit. I am sure you will always miss her. Hugs to you as you think of your mom. I am glad your brother has found a nice home for her to live in. Keep doing all that you do as those things are good for your brain. I've done much to educate myself about Alzheimers, having had a grandmother under its "spell." Your foods sound delish! Happy New Year, dear Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year-I am so happy to see you. I started using lots of coconut oil and coconut butter in my cooking and baking, and also take coconut oil capsules every day too-hoping to keep that "spell" at bay

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you and I hope this coming year brings promise of happier days my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Happy New Year Taciana

      Delete
  3. 2013 has certainly been a year of highs and lows. Let's hope 2014 has more highs than lows!!

    I have to say a New Year 'shrimp boil' sounds wonderful!! I'd love to go to one of those!! Unfortunately I'll be seeing in New Year at home. Went to see the doc again yesterday, as these abdominal spasms haven't gotten any better. He's increased/added meds, and signed me off work for two weeks. Not a great start to the year!!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Mitch, so sorry to read you are still battling illness-just no fun at all-sending along positive thoughts to get better soon and Happy New Year wishes

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year to you also Kathy. I hope the new year brings many blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy - what a year you've had. I hope that happier times are on their way. I look forward to seeing some of your weaving and rug hooking in 2014! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always doing some project, and it's always a pleasure to read about what you've been up to. Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could order a new back or whatever we needed for the new year! I was going to make some body butter too for friends and myself. I'm sure yours will be much nicer. Good luck with your sales and happy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be awesome Brenda if we could order a new body part that we needed-lol
      How do you make your body butters? I have whipped up shea butter which is really awesome-and I ordered in some others to try to work with-chamomile and a green tea butter

      Delete
  7. Dearest Kathy-- I hope this New Year will be bright for you-- bringing many blessings and less challenges. I totally understand your loss of a precious pet-- we lost precious kitties this past year and are still crying over the loss.

    You work so very hard at all that you do-- I wish you great success in your etsy shop this next year-- you are so very talented.

    Sending much love--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my pages. I enjoy reading your comments very much; for me it's just like getting mail-and I really do love mail!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails