Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

   I am thankful to be living in a beautiful place, with shelter and food, and a loving husband and today I am thankful for sunshine and warmer weather-hope to get our wood in over the weekend as it will be in the 50s


I just pulled this out of the oven-and warm out of the oven is just the best so there are two pieces missing lol  This is the recipe I shared a link to from the Eat Boutique a couple posts back. This was the Spiced Pumpkin Crumb Cake. 
    Hubby is not real crazy about pumpkin and since I had several over ripe bananas I swapped that for the pumpkin, changed the flour to gluten free, in the batter used coconut oil instead of butter but kept the topping the same as recipe except used gluten free flours. I used golden raisins and regular raisins, for the nuts I used pecans I will make this again-definately good eats.

We decided on a traditional Thanksgiving meal today-so I just put the turkey in the oven. I will be making latkes etc during the next few days. Happy Thanksgiving every one



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails