Monday, August 26, 2013

Basil-How Do You Preserve Yours?

I have an abundance of gorgeous basil this year-do to all that rain we had gotton a couple weeks back.

In the past I either just popped it in fresh in the freezer, or I dry it for later use. However, allot of it does turn dark.

This year I did make  a nice batch of pesto and froze it in ice cube trays and then popped it out and stgored in freezer bags for later use. I did find a couple posts online that said they did chop it up in their processor with olive oil and then froze that way to keep the color. Here is a nice tutorial http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/06/how-to-freeze-fresh-basil-weekend-herb.html

But what if I don't want all of my basil processed in oil? How do you preserve your basil? thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails