Saturday, August 24, 2013

Art Sunday Rug Hooking

I decided to start posting and sharing my Art Sunday posts here again. This was started back in Yahoo 360 days, and Nemo continued it on Multiply and then on Blogster. I am working more and more on this being my primary blog and not posting so much on Blogster any more.



Rug Hooking as Fiber Art
  I know this medium is considered more of a craft than an art form-but this can actually be quite involved. Hand dying the wool to get the right color pallette for one, and some of the fine detail work as well.






A little rug hooking history here http://www.buchanancountyhistory.com/rughooking.php
Joan Moshimer is an amazing artist-rug hooker-her gallery is here http://www.wcushing.com/gallery.htm  when my Mom learned to hook in the 1960s she learned this style of rug hooking-dyeing her own colors and cutting the strips very very narrow


In comments below my friend Jim shared a link to rug hookers in his area 

this is a wonderful site with a blog, online classes and more.  
go  here   thank you Jim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails