I love parsley, it's easy and fun to grow. I love having it growing so I can use fresh in my cooking, and also drys well too for fall and winter use.
I found an informative article here http://www.ageless.co.za/herb-parsley.htm
10 health benefits of parsley:
1. Parsley is rich in Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A as well as Beta Carotene. Apart from the above listed vitamins this herb is also a good source of folic acid as well as iron.
2. Parsley is a power plant of chlorophyll, this helps curb the growth of bad bacteria as it has anti bacterial properties. Chlorophyll found in parsley is a good cure to stop and avoid bad breath (halitosis) for long time.
3. Parsley herb has some volatile oils such as myristicin, limonene, eugenol as well as alpha thujene which are antioxidants in nature. The above mentioned oils counterbalances the effects of some carcinogens (such as benzopyrenes found in cigarette fumes) and reduces the chances of getting cancer.
4. Having parsley everyday helps in reducing blood pressure and reduces the risks related to high blood pressure such as hypertension.
5. Parsley herb is found to be diuretic in nature which promotes healthy workings of the kidney. The diuretic found in parsley helps in getting rid of sodium and other harmful elements from the human body.
6. The oil of parsley herb is a good remedy for hair loss as well as dryness of the skin. Daily application of this oil helps in improving the hair growth as well as makes the skin supple and smooth.
7. Parsley herb is used by the herbalists to cure some ear infections, ringing in the ear and partial deafness.
8. Having parsley herbal tea is helpful as it stimulates digestion of protein as well as fat. The tea also promotes enteric absorption and storage in the liver. It is helpful in treating diarrhea.
9. Parsley herb improves the hormonal balance in females and it also betters the estrogen secretion. This herb is helpful in treating hormonal problems like premenstrual syndrome, menopause or delayed menstruation cycle. This herb is also known to be helpful in easing cramps during menstrual cycle.
10. Parsley is loaded with Vitamin C as well as iron. These nutrients make parsley a helpful herb in curing anemia as well as fatigue. It is also known to repair blood cells as well as improve the blood vessel elasticity. The Vitamin C found in this herb supports the absorption of iron in the blood stream. Vitamin C also reduces the risk of arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Recipes with parsley: I love parsley added to many things for garnish-potato salads, fresh in a salad, fresh or dried on or in deviled eggs, and I love parsley in mashed potatoes, on top of baked potatos, and dried thrown in allot of soups, stews, spaghetti, sauces etc, very versatile I and nice in place of salt.
I found a parsley pesto that looks yummy here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michele-urvater/parsley-pesto-recipe/index.html
From Saveur I found many recipe dishes for parsley here http://www.saveur.com/article/-/Parsley-Recipes
How do you like to use parsley?
Also don't forget to sign up for Rita's and my very awesome Fathers Day Giveaway