Friday, May 17, 2013

Lazy Day Today

  I needed a "down" day, and today has been a nice day for that. A hazy cloudy day, not too hot, not too humid. I finished up a big soap order, made lunch for our out of state friend and hubby and then went out to my new sitting area amongst the flowers and veggies-and read my book awhile and dozed off a bit too, with miss calico kitty on my lap. so that was really nice.
    I also had washed and set up lots of hummingbird feeders this morning-as they are buzzing all over the place. So was relaxing to listen to them.
   My (86 years old) Mom fell and broke her hip yesterday morning. My brother had just retired from 35 years last Tuesday so happened to be home. He called her in the morning, no answer, so went right over to check on her (she lives across the street from him now) He had a key to get in-and found her. So she had a partial hip replacement, but with her dimentia-is very confused now. Big decisions will now need to be made for her care. So this is all a concern. 
    Our doctor finally got back to us and said nothing had changed in the blood work from last time for hubby, I am thinking of seeing if I can get his yearly cardiac visit moved up to see what he thinks. My blood work always comes back perfect except I have high cholesterol and I am on medicine for that. He says all the other numbers are low and excellent so not concerned with that. I need to see what I can do on my own to bring it down though. I don't eat much dairy, small portions of meat, have a gluten free diet so don't know what it could be. Perhaps heredity 
    I am thinking of getting energized to make a lemon meringue pie from scratch. I have fresh farm eggs, and I have lemons-so that sounds really good to me-lol
   I also just added a contact me by email button on my right column, if some of you would check that out-and tell me if it works or not-thanks.
  Enjoy your weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails