I am sharing found recipes for lavender; I love lavender in foods.
Lavender Tea Cake
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain or lowfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lavender leaves
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat granulated sugar, butter, and vanilla until well-blended.
- Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Sift flour and combine with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir well.
- Add the flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in lavender.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until a sharp knife or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and remaining ingredients. Spread on the warm cake. Cool in pan 20 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
Lavender Tea Recipe
Put the flowers in a teapot or container along with the boiling water allowing them to steep a good 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour into cups straining if necessary to remove the flower buds. Serve Lavender flower tea with honey and sliced lemon.
taken from here
Lavender Blueberry Ice Cream