Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bloglovin & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Revise

  I must say I really do love Bloglovin. It is so much easier to keep up with the many blogs I enjoy reading. Today while I was baking up gluten free mint chocolate chip cookies with slivered almonds and  just a little gluten free rolled oats thrown in-I went threw my blog list that was on my page here-and made sure you were all in my bloglovin following list; and then deleted my blog list here on my page.

   I never used the reading list that was set up here on Blogger was always a hassle for me to get to it for some reason. So I imported all those blogs from years back that I wanted to keep. The Bloglovin takes me right to your blog so I can easily comment too-so I am lovin that-lol 

   I enjoy reading the blogs much more than I ever enjoyed reading the newspaper-and we don't do that anymore since retirement. I did set up a link so you can follow me on bloglovin here in the upper right hand column.

           Gluten Free Cookies

I have a basic recipe that I use for my gluten free cookies. You can change up the chips for oatmeal, nuts, dried fruits etc. and also change up the chocolate chip flavors too. I have updated my basic recipe from time to time too-and I did it again today-and love it. really love it, so thought I would share.

Kathy's Gluten Free Drop Cookies

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

In a bowl add 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, and then add 1/2 cup of grapeseed oil.

Add in your preference of 2 cups sugar-to taste-you can drop this to a 1 1/2 cups too or even a cup-depends on what you like. What I did this time is use 3/4 cup Splenda, 1/2 cup agave, and 1/4 cup of Domino's Lite which is cane sugar and stevia. (I need to keep the sugars down for hubby)

Use a large wire wisk and blend this all together-when I bake gluten free I have learned to mix the ingredients by hand to prevent over mixing-which can turn your dough into a glue-no good.

Add in 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract-or your choice of extract flavors. wisk to blend well.

Stir in gradually with a big spoon:  2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of gluten free flour mix*-with no xanthia gum.   and add 1 teaspoon baking soda, I don't use salt but you could add in 1 teaspoon salt at this point.  Stir all this in gradually till all is mixed in-but do not over mix-this is where you could get a glue if you beat instead.

*My preferred gluten free flour mix is to make my own-it has more nutrition than any I have seen on the market so far, and bakes up really well. (1 part sorghum flour, 1 part almond-meal-flour, 1 part tapioca flour, 1 part cornstarch, 1 part brown rice flour-I usually make up about 5 pounds of this and store in the freezer)   
   When using agave or honey, or a liquid sweetner you may need to add in a little more flour-up to 1/4 cup usually.

Stir in your chocolate chips, nuts or whatever you like to total 2 cups all together.

Drop the batter from a teaspoon onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. cool on rack as they come out of the oven.

Enjoy!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails