Friday, March 22, 2013

It's Friday


Was nice to wake up with the house not real cold for once. For a few weeks now we have been in the 20s at night-just getting into the 30s really makes a huge difference when heating only with our two wood stoves. Loved that.
  We ended up right in the middle of the storm again. Above us got 7" of snow, and below us got 11" or more of snow. Most of it will melt off later today and tomorrow-before the next big storm comes threw saturday evening into sunday. This storm we ended up with around 3" of snow, and the town we shop in just 20 minutes aways got 5 or 6 inches of snow.
  I think we will miss most of the snow again on the next one coming threw. Above us where we shop at the resale shops-will be getting most of the snow this time, we will probably get around 3 or 4 inches that go around too-so not bad at all for us. We will be having very high winds on sunday-so not good for those getting lots of snow. Can't change mother nature-so just need to be prepared and go with the flow. 
  Have not decided what I want to accomplish today-I may set up the kitchen and make soap-more butterflys, and I got new kids molds in too so may make soap in those. I did just order the bath fizzies supplies that I need to make for the bird nests fizzies. I also ordered in a new soap base that sounds wonderful. It is designed for babies but I think it will be really nice for anyone that has sensitive skin. Here is the ingredients list:
 Baby Buttermilk Melt and Pour Soap Base is DETERGENT FREE and LOW SWEAT. Contains BUTTERMILK which is high in triglyceride content making it an excellent natural moisturizer. This soap also contains OATMEAL thought to pamper dry skin, CALENDULA EXTRACT thought to be moisturizing and sooth delicate skin, and REAL NATURAL HONEY thought to be very high in natural antioxidants with potential anti-microbial benefits. 
  So I ordered in a couple small trays to try it out.
Yesterday it was so cold outside that I did not check the propane gas gauge-I need to remember to do that today, so I know if I can spend a day baking. The propane prices do not come down to affordable prices til end of april into may-so I conserve til then when I can refill.
I have more flowers opening up on the amarylis bulbs this morning, and I am enjoying the vace full of daffodil blooms too. 
What are your plans for this friday??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails