Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rug Hooking Project

Those of you that followed me back on Multiply and also Blogger, remember that hooked rug I had started?? Well, since this is kind of a lazy week; it's really cold outdoors, got all the fire wood in, and I haven't been feeling super great-major food allergies I think, not sleeping well---decided to get back on my hooked rug this afternoon.

 All I have left to do now are the borders. My goal this winter is to get caught up on all my quilting, weaving, and hooking projects before I get tempted to start anything brand new. I am so bad about that-getting 4 or more projects going at the same time.

 I just finished up with one side-will do the corners last. This is my first rug hooking adventure-so when it is all completed I am really hoping it will steam down flat-I put a few too many stitches in several areas. But I am really liking the outcome otherwise. 

 For my new readers here, I had purchased this printed pattern from Minick and Simpson-they had put together kits to help out the soldiers, and since I had my own wool I asked if I could just buy the printed linen. She said yes, she had one left, and had even sewn on the binding already. All this wool is recycled wool clothing from the resale shops. The white is actually a sweater that ended up working out well-a little stretchy but I like it. I had my Moms old rug cutter, that needed all new cutter cylinders added. She wore hers out-she did lots and lots of hooking when I was young growing up. So I bought a couple sizes that are for primitive hooking-mostly blocks of color, not allot of shading or detailed work.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails