Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ice Flowers This Morning

  When Larry went up to the post office early this morning, he spotted some ice flowers along our driveway. So when he told me about them, I bundled up and grabbed the camera. I had done a post about these a couple years back, but I have never spotted them here on our property. I usually forget all about looking for them.

  They form when it has been warm enough to still have water and moisture inside the plants, and then when it gets really cold nature makes these ice flowers. I also included a couple of photos of the twin deer that visit the feeders every day now. This has been a year due to the drought and extreme hot summer-there is little food for the wildlife this winter. enjoy


Here is an article about the ice flowers or sometimes called frost flowers here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails