Sunday, December 23, 2012

Homemade Belgian Waffles This morning



I only make these for a treat for us, and I don't change up the butter to something healthier like I will do in most recipes I make now

. To go with this I cooked down to a thick fruit sauce-blueberries, strawberries, and rhubarb from my freezer. I also tried out my boiled down apple cider-awesome!

The photo shows my gluten free ones. I have followed a recipe I found at allrecipes for years now. Here is a link to the recipe.

 Since we put sugar on top of our waffles-fruits, syrups, I don't think the recipe needs 1/2 cup sugar so I put in 1/4 cup sugar instead which I usually use splenda or a blend of sugar and stevia.. This works out well for us-I divide the recipe in half and make Larry the regular version, and I use gluten free flours plus xanthan gum in mine.

This recipe always turned out perfect too. We splurged and bought a Krups waffle iron about 6 years or go so for this-very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails