Thursday, November 8, 2012

Today is a New Day-My Thoughts After the Election



Yesterday was a rough day for me. I am in my 60s now, have voted every election since turning of age to vote-and have always taken voting very seriously.
More so last election and even more so this election. My mind just has not been able to get a handle on the changes going on in the voting population for it to come to this outcome. a dictator in the white house-it makes me puke.
Especially too that so many young people let themselves get convinced by one view point instead of looking at the other side as well and really understanding what America stands for.
I really came to this conclusion even more so after watching PBS and listening to the stradegies of the democrats for O both the last election and this one. They had a list of names of latinos and when they turned 18-they sent people out to them to recruit them for their party. I was amazed that 50,000 latinos turn 18 every month-and so this grassroot campaign of theirs has been going on for 4 years. Thats hard to beat.
I don't remember any party doing this-to this extent. they had over 20,000 members knocking on doors and driving people to the poles with cars that said O all over it;for days in Ohio.
The republicans need to change their thinking-to get the message out of what freedom stands for-it does not stand for government hand outs for everything.
I am not whining about losing an election to the other guy, I am seeing things more clearly now. If one is not aware, and does not keep themselves informed about what is happening-this is how a dictator gets elected-
Hoping this is a wake up call for all Americans before it is too late. When all the higher taxes come, the realitys of the healthcare act, and more come to light-perhaps more will understand.
I was sooo upset yesterday, I was beside myself with grief. A dear friend wrote me and said  We don't understand all this, but God is still in control--not O, though he's under the impression he is. Y'all hang in there.   So that is what I am doing today-hanging in there.

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free.
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer:

God bless America, land that I love,
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans white with foam,
God bless America,

My home sweet home.              from here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails