Saturday, August 11, 2012

Import Blog recipe

Blog EntrySep 27, '08 3:30 PM
for Kathy's friends & their friends and Kathy's family & their family

I wanted to share with you the results of my supper last night, as it turned out so well.
  I got the following recipe from our friend Sea Nymph
PEPPER STEAK WITH RICE SERVES 6

3c. hot rice
1 lb. lean beef round steak,cut 1/2 in. thick
1tb. paprika
2tb. butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2c. beef broth
1 c. sliced green onions, including tops( I use a reg. onion when I dont have these)
2 green peppers, cut in strips
2tb. cornstarch
1/4c.each water and soy sauce
2 lg. fresh tomatoes, cut into 8 pieces each

While rice is cooking, pound steak to 1/4in. thickness. Cut into 1/4in. wide strips. Sprinkle meat with paprika and allow to stand while preparing other ingred. Using a lg. skillet, brown meat in butter. Add garlic and broth. Cover and simmer 30min. Sitr in onions and peppers. Cover and cook 5min. more. Blend cornstarch, water and soy sauce. Stir into meat mixture. Cook stirring till clear and thickened - about 2min. Add tomatoes and stir gently. Serve over rice.


I haven't made this in a long time! But it was one of my exs favorites.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
What I did a little different was I made brown rice and cooked it in beef broth for the water, this really brought out the nuttiness of the brown rice.
 
  My beef was high quality sirloin or something I got from Angel Foods-so was super tender already-so didn't need the extra cooking time for it that round steak would need. So what I did was I grilled up the green peppers, and then onion rings, and then the garlic and placed that in the pan with a little olive oil. I added in a can of drained mushrooms too, added the beef broth and let come to a good simmer before adding the cornstarch mixture. While I did that I grilled the steaks that had been sprinkled with the paprika as in Seas recipe-and I really liked that with the steak, and then sliced them into pieces after it rested for 5 minutes, added that to the finished sauce, and I found a half of a fresh tomato that I forgot I had in the frig.-so cut that up in chunks and added for garnish.
 
   Excellent supper-Thank you Sea for the recipe, and for The Witch too for suggesting the grilling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails