Saturday, August 11, 2012

Import Blog Peach Pie

Nov 26, '08 1:59 PM
for everyone
Blog EntryNov 26, '08 1:59 PM
for everyone
This has been one of those days where things don't go smoothly. I didn't want to take the fruit out of the freezer last night for pies. as I didn't want it to get too mushy.
  well, I should have taken it out and put in the frig, as it is taking forever. The peaches thawed enough so I could put that pie together, but my pears are another story
  I am glad I didn't freeze all my bartlet pears as I dont like the results. all my books suggested not to freeze but I wasn't in the mood to can this year, so I dried alot of them, and froze a bunch in a lemon water solution with a touch of sugar. They are taking forever to thaw and they will be mushy-like the books all said. So will see how they look after all the ice around finally thaws and may still make a pie for us out of them.  If not these will go in my protein shakes.
  I am also trying to finish up a quilt top-and having major tension problems on my machine so can't sew today-grrrr
  But a good note the weather is sunny and gorgeous here, got alot of wood in, and made this fabulous peach pie for tomorrow.
I wanted to share with you the pie recipe I used, as with my changes to the recipe-it turned out fabulous!  and thank yous go to Sea with her candied ginger flavor secret-shhhh
Peach Pie
1 1/4 cups sugar-I used not packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup flour-I used instant tapioca instead-about 3 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-I used a generous double strength cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon organic fair trade black strap  molasses (my input)
4 cups fresh peaches-sliced, and pealed-I used my frozen ones-6 cups
2 tablespoons butter-slivered
pastry for double crust 9 inch pie I use the recipe in the original betty crocker cookbook-standard recipe
to this recipe I also add about a teaspoon of candied ginger that I sliced very thin.
To the bowl of thawed peaches add all the ingredients except the butter and the ginger.
to the prepared pie crust-add the filling-sprinkle the ginger on top and then the slivered butter on top
cover with prepared pastry top and bake til bubbly in 375 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
just awesome as it came out a little carmelized with the molasses, brown sugar and butter, and the ginger is so excellent

Peach Pie
1 1/4 cups sugar-I used not packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup flour-I used instant tapioca instead-about 3 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-I used a generous double strength cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon organic fair trade black strap  molasses (my input)
4 cups fresh peaches-sliced, and pealed-I used my frozen ones-6 cups
2 tablespoons butter-slivered
pastry for double crust 9 inch pie I use the recipe in the original betty crocker cookbook-standard recipe
to this recipe I also add about a teaspoon of candied ginger that I sliced very thin.
To the bowl of thawed peaches add all the ingredients except the butter and the ginger.
to the prepared pie crust-add the filling-sprinkle the ginger on top and then the slivered butter on top
cover with prepared pastry top and bake til bubbly in 375 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
just awesome as it came out a little carmelized with the molasses, brown sugar and butter, and the ginger is so excellent

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails