Saturday, August 11, 2012

Import Blog old fashioned sugar cookies

Blog EntryDec 10, '08 9:24 AM
for everyone

When my friend Dawn posted her favorite sugar cookie recipe-I read the recipe and it was very similiar to a cookie I grew up with. My grandma made these alot and we made them at home too-so so good. One thing I miss not being able to eat wheat. I need to experiment with flours for me on this one.
Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
My grandmas recipe it comes form one of the original Better Homes and Gardens  Cookbooks-the one I grew up with at home. My mom found me this exact cookbook at a church sale-a wonderful gift.
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
2 egg whites
addtional sugar-colored sugar for holidays is wonderful here
Sift the flour soda and salt-set aside
Beat until light and fluffy  the shortening sugar and egg yolks. add in the extracts and mix well.
Add the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk beat well after each addition
Beat stiff the 2 egg whites in a seperate bowl. Fold inot the batter
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet and flateen to 1/2 inch. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
Transfer to wire racks and sprinkle with sugar while still warm
soooo good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails