Thursday, August 9, 2012

import blog october 06

Good morning, thought I would share my recipe for gluten free pasta and my lasagna.
This will make enough for a big pan of lasagna
2 cups spelt flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
about 3 tablespoons of cold water.
1 beaten egg if you like
Place flour in a small bowl, make a whole in the middle, add the olive oil and the beaten egg if using. I start with a fork and mix it all up and then gradually add water a tablespoon at a time til just sticks together. ( I finish mixing together with my hands)  I knead it together just a little bit.
Roll out flat on your board and cut into lasagna pieces. Your pieces do not have to be perfect. won't notice the difference in the  baked lasagna. Whatever dough I cut off, I throw into the compost pile, as it will be too tough to re roll.
My lasanga
1 pound of your favorite sausage-fried up and drained on paper towel, crumbled
1 pound low fat mozarella shredded
1 big carton of low fat ricotta cheese
Couple big jars of Classico spaghetti sauce-I like her sausage one and the tomatoe basil one, mixed together for this recipe
your homemade pasta
I layer my pan with parchment paper
put a layer of sauce on bottom
add a layer of noodles
top with ricotta, then sausage, then mozarella, then pasta, and layer till you fill your pan
Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 degree oven. Usually takes an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. Let stand for about 15 minutes for easier cutting.
Serve with a big fresh salad, or cooked greens, big loaves of garlic bread for your family that can enjoy gluten.
Can also use above pasta recipe with semolina or a high protein wheat flour to make a whole grain wheat pasta
  Enjoy!! This has become a favorite dinner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails