Thursday, August 9, 2012

import blog november 06

Entry for November 03, 2006 and Pumpkin Muffins
Good morning, I baked up some muffins yesterday, and wanted to share the recipe I have been using. It comes from Allrecipes.com this one is by Colleen Moir. Of course I change recipes all the time to my liking, so included are my changes.
These make from 12 to 16 muffins.
Pumpkin Wheat Honey Muffins

1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour-I like organic or freshly ground wheat for my hubby, I also made a batch of these for me and used quinoa flour with great success
1/2 cup brown sugar-I changed this to 1/2 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon pumpin pie spice-I used 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon of cloves
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt-my blog friends now know i omit this
2 eggs-cage free or organic best
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree-I had one small can so this made two batches of these muffins
1/2 cup vegetable oil-I used lightest olive oil
1/2 cup honey-I used sorghum, can also use a bit of molasses with either the honey or the sorghum, could also use honey and maple syrup-what ever you have on hand or like the taste of
1/2 cup chopped walnuts-I used 1/4 cup of walnuts and a 1/4 cup of chopped figs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.(175C)
Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
Place the raisins in a cup and add enough hot water to cover. Let stand while mixing up the recipe.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar or Splenda, and spices and baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center.
Lightly beat the eggs with a fork and put in the center, along with pumpkin, oil, and honey. Mix until the dry ingredients are just mixed. Do this gently by folding in the wet to the dry. Do not over mix.
Drain the water from the raisins and add with the walnuts, fold in gently.
Spoon into the muffin cups so they are about 2/3 full
Bake for 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. I also did the toothpick test to test for doneness.
Cool in the pan before removing the muffins.
These freeze well. If you are gluten intolerant these are great to mix up with different flours and freeze so you will have a little something on hand. Image

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails