Thursday, August 9, 2012

import blog june 07

Thank you all my friends for your kind words and well wishes. It was a very nice day for our 25th. Got Larry in the house with me all day (told him he couldn't work on any of his projects yesterday)
All the food was good (of course I made it-) Made Larry his favorite breakfast-homemade biscuits and gravy. The ribs turned out super. I haven't really made alot of ribs before, so checked out what Bobby Flay does, and Alton Brown, and searched the net for ideas and kinda combined them all-and to conserve energy and not to get the house over heated-did it all on the Weber. I knew I didn't want to boil them first as that is what I have done in the past, and alot of chefs don't do that. So they were just like we like them, tender, moist, and lots of sauce. We don't care for the dry rubs or smoked til dry.
Our bottle of Dom was just on the edge of past its prime, but still tasted good, just didn't have alot of bubbles left. I am not sure what this symbolizes but when Larry was opening the bottle; a pair of doves came up to the patio doors and then hung around all during dinner.
Now to start on our next 25
Entry for June 05, 2007
magnify
Our Silver today

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails