Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Import blog June 06

I had a taste for some little donuts this morning, so I dug out my little mini-donut pans for baking donuts, searched the internet for a recipe and came out with some wonderful treats this morning. (I didn't like the recipe that came with the pans as they had too much fat in them)
   Here is my version for Fluffy Cake Donuts made for the mini baking pans (found this at http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/doughnut-recipes  )
2 cups flour-I used spelt flour
3/4 cup sugar-I used 1/4 organic sugar and 1/2 cup Splenda
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk-I used fresh milk from a neighbor that I pasturized and took the cream off of, can also use soy milk, or low fat milk
1 tsp. salt-I always omit the salt in recipes
1 tsp. vanilla-I used my own homemade vanilla extract
1 tbsp. shortening, melted-I used light olive oil
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Glaze: 1 cup confectioners sugar and 1 tbps very hot water -I made my own from the Splenda site, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Lightly spray the mini doughnut pans.
In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients. In another bowl beat together all the wet ingredients.
Add in wet to the dry, and fold in til just blended. Your donuts will be more tender and light if you just fold in the ing. together.
Fill each mini hole  fill about 2/3 full
Bake 8 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched, or test with a toothpick.
Remove from pan after cooled  and dip into glaze. decorate as you like.
I had bought my mini donut pans two different times, and did not realize til making this recipe they were both quite different in the depth of how much batter they hold. so start with 8 minutes and then keep testing til done.

on the Splenda site they show you how to make Powdered Sugar Glaze.  Here is their recipe;
1 1/2 cups Splenda
1/4 cup cornstarch
5-6 tsp. hot water
Place the Splenda and cornstarch in your blender and blend til very fine; like confect. sugar you are used to. Pour into a small bowl and add water gradually as you need it. beating well as you mix it together. Add any flavoring you would like-vanilla, lemon, orange, etc.
This is the first time I had made this frosting and it turned out pretty good. If you had one of those real mini blenders  I think it would be easier to get some of the lumps out. I did it by hand and it turned out good.
When I made my donuts I did half of the donuts  with this glaze and put some little sprinkles on top;  could also sprinkle on some cinnamon, or a little coconut.
After making half of my donuts I  added a tbsp. of cocoa and mixed up well and I had a chocolate glaze.  This glaze recipe turned out to be the exact amount that I needed. I love it when that happens!!
Enjoy !! these are fun to make and pretty tasty and a nice surprise for your family

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails