Wednesday, August 8, 2012

import blog july 06

Good morning, I picked lots of wild blackberries yesterday, I just love all the berries and free ones are the best hehe.
I ended up getting 11 more pints froze and I saved out a couple quarts to eat fresh and to make this pie. Larry's father always raved about a fresh raspberry pie he got on his trip from the states to Canada. I searched for a recipe that sounded like the one he described and found this one in a magazine. I showed it to Dorothy and she said yes it looks just like it. So I am going to make this recipe with my blackberries today. Will be a wonderful summer pie.
Fresh Raspberry Pie
1/4 cup sugar- I will use Splenda
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup water
1 3 ounce package raspberry gelatin-I use the no sugar jellos
5 cups fresh raspberries-I think any berrie would be good here
1 nine inch graham cracker pie crust-made with splenda and light olive oil-baked first
optional; whipped cream-I will use fat free or sugar free Cool Whip
In saucepan; combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the water and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin until dissolved
Cool for 15 minutes
Place raspberries on bottom of the pie crust.
Slowly pour the gelatin mxture over the berries.
Chill for 3 hours or until set and firm.
Serve with the whipped cream or Cool Whip
NOTE: I just made this pie, I had never made it before but has been on my "to do" list. I didn't think the filling looked like it would be enough to cover all the berries. So I doubled the filling recipe and used a large package of no- sugar raspberry jello. I think I added a few more berries too as I like a really full pie.
It turned out to be the perfect amount of filling. Very pretty too. I think next time I might choose a dark jello like a dark cherry or something to go with my blackberries. This is making up to be a beautiful pie, and using Splenda and a no sugar jello; you have no added sugars except the fructose from the berries. I took Cool Whip and piled it high all around the edge of pie, leaving the berries to show in the middle. I then took some chocolate sprinkles and sprinkled on top of the Cool Whip. Definately a pretty pie!!
Happy pie making.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails