Friday, August 10, 2012

Import blog homemade vanilla extract

Blog EntrySep 5, '09 6:31 PM
for everyone


vanilla1.jpg My bottle of vanilla extract image by bellissima9902
I found this nice photo online.
I made up 2 big bottles this time, the bottle I am using has less than 1/3 left of my extract, and it was dated 2007-so it is just fabulous now.
I bought the vanilla beans over a year ago I think now, oh my, and just now getting around to making up a couple batches. This is best if it can set for a few months-I like 6 months best. With baking season coming soon, this has been on my mind to make.
My recipe is:
Vanilla Extract
multiply this up to fill the size bottle you want to, I like the vodka bottles with nice cork-glass tops on them
1 whole vanilla bean-split
3 ounces vodka
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Place one split vanilla bean, vodka, sugar, into your container. I flip the bottle top to bottom-to mix the sugar-hold on to the top-lol.
if giving for gifts, may strain the bean out, but I keep my beans in the bottles, and I also just keep adding vanilla beans to the original bottle-lots of flavor.

I found this nice blog entry  http://cottagedays.blogspot.com/2009/06/homemade-vanilla-extract-part-2.html
and another blog with tutorial and photos http://www.vanillareview.com/make-vanilla-extract/
I haven't bought vanilla extract now for probably at least 10 years or more

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails