Monday, August 6, 2012

import blog dec 2007 craft room ice storm

Blog EntryDec 13, '07 10:48 PM
for Kathy's friends & their friends and Kathy's family & their family

Fun!! with the help of hubby and neighbors, I have been getting moved into my new room. The big desk is in, my sewing machine fits perfectly in the side fold out drawer where an old typewriter used to go. We moved in the big green trunk I cleaned up and that is filled to the top with leather scraps and hides. Our antique leather sewing machine is moved-which will be way fun to learn how to use, looking for the table that fits in place with this machine and this will be wonderful to sew all those heavy blue jean quilts on.
  We moved in a couple more trunks, one was my storage space home sewing of clothes etc-haven't looked in this trunk since the late 70s. oh my was that a trip down memory lane going thru the materials. The other black trunk was in mint condition and when we moved it here, got locked, and the key with it does not work, so we went online and found someone that collects and sells the keys-so is coming in the mail.
   Hubby put my little J made jack loom together tonight it is 30 inches wide. this is my loom I learned how to weave with when I started with the phone co. as an operator in denver,co. back in 1978  Larry needs to square it up as it is a bit warped in a couple places.
   the loom parts on the floor is my rug loom. It is a cambridge made by the Reed co. in Ohio. will weave 45 inches wide. Hubby bought me this at a garage sale just before we moved here to missouri. we  are hoping we can figure out how to put it together as it came with several books of the period (1945) and the tie up instructions but no instsructions on how to put the loom together. I posted  on a yahoo weaving group, so hopefully someone has one of these and can send me a picture.
    I have two spinning wheels and the wool to spin, so hoping to learn how to spin-one of the things I always dreamed of doing.
here are a few pictures so far:


Blog EntryDec 13, '07 10:48 PM
for Kathy's friends & their friends and Kathy's family & their family
Fun!! with the help of hubby and neighbors, I have been getting moved into my new room. The big desk is in, my sewing machine fits perfectly in the side fold out drawer where an old typewriter used to go. We moved in the big green trunk I cleaned up and that is filled to the top with leather scraps and hides. Our antique leather sewing machine is moved-which will be way fun to learn how to use, looking for the table that fits in place with this machine and this will be wonderful to sew all those heavy blue jean quilts on.
  We moved in a couple more trunks, one was my storage space home sewing of clothes etc-haven't looked in this trunk since the late 70s. oh my was that a trip down memory lane going thru the materials. The other black trunk was in mint condition and when we moved it here, got locked, and the key with it does not work, so we went online and found someone that collects and sells the keys-so is coming in the mail.
   Hubby put my little J made jack loom together tonight it is 30 inches wide. this is my loom I learned how to weave with when I started with the phone co. as an operator in denver,co. back in 1978  Larry needs to square it up as it is a bit warped in a couple places.
   the loom parts on the floor is my rug loom. It is a cambridge made by the Reed co. in Ohio. will weave 45 inches wide. Hubby bought me this at a garage sale just before we moved here to missouri. we  are hoping we can figure out how to put it together as it came with several books of the period (1945) and the tie up instructions but no instsructions on how to put the loom together. I posted  on a yahoo weaving group, so hopefully someone has one of these and can send me a picture.
    I have two spinning wheels and the wool to spin, so hoping to learn how to spin-one of the things I always dreamed of doing.
here are a few pictures so far:



Blog EntryDec 13, '07 10:48 PM
for Kathy's friends & their friends and Kathy's family & their family
Fun!! with the help of hubby and neighbors, I have been getting moved into my new room. The big desk is in, my sewing machine fits perfectly in the side fold out drawer where an old typewriter used to go. We moved in the big green trunk I cleaned up and that is filled to the top with leather scraps and hides. Our antique leather sewing machine is moved-which will be way fun to learn how to use, looking for the table that fits in place with this machine and this will be wonderful to sew all those heavy blue jean quilts on.
  We moved in a couple more trunks, one was my storage space home sewing of clothes etc-haven't looked in this trunk since the late 70s. oh my was that a trip down memory lane going thru the materials. The other black trunk was in mint condition and when we moved it here, got locked, and the key with it does not work, so we went online and found someone that collects and sells the keys-so is coming in the mail.
   Hubby put my little J made jack loom together tonight it is 30 inches wide. this is my loom I learned how to weave with when I started with the phone co. as an operator in denver,co. back in 1978  Larry needs to square it up as it is a bit warped in a couple places.
   the loom parts on the floor is my rug loom. It is a cambridge made by the Reed co. in Ohio. will weave 45 inches wide. Hubby bought me this at a garage sale just before we moved here to missouri. we  are hoping we can figure out how to put it together as it came with several books of the period (1945) and the tie up instructions but no instsructions on how to put the loom together. I posted  on a yahoo weaving group, so hopefully someone has one of these and can send me a picture.
    I have two spinning wheels and the wool to spin, so hoping to learn how to spin-one of the things I always dreamed of doing.
here are a few pictures so far:



Blog EntryDec 13, '07 10:48 PM
for Kathy's friends & their friends and Kathy's family & their family
Fun!! with the help of hubby and neighbors, I have been getting moved into my new room. The big desk is in, my sewing machine fits perfectly in the side fold out drawer where an old typewriter used to go. We moved in the big green trunk I cleaned up and that is filled to the top with leather scraps and hides. Our antique leather sewing machine is moved-which will be way fun to learn how to use, looking for the table that fits in place with this machine and this will be wonderful to sew all those heavy blue jean quilts on.
  We moved in a couple more trunks, one was my storage space home sewing of clothes etc-haven't looked in this trunk since the late 70s. oh my was that a trip down memory lane going thru the materials. The other black trunk was in mint condition and when we moved it here, got locked, and the key with it does not work, so we went online and found someone that collects and sells the keys-so is coming in the mail.
   Hubby put my little J made jack loom together tonight it is 30 inches wide. this is my loom I learned how to weave with when I started with the phone co. as an operator in denver,co. back in 1978  Larry needs to square it up as it is a bit warped in a couple places.
   the loom parts on the floor is my rug loom. It is a cambridge made by the Reed co. in Ohio. will weave 45 inches wide. Hubby bought me this at a garage sale just before we moved here to missouri. we  are hoping we can figure out how to put it together as it came with several books of the period (1945) and the tie up instructions but no instsructions on how to put the loom together. I posted  on a yahoo weaving group, so hopefully someone has one of these and can send me a picture.
    I have two spinning wheels and the wool to spin, so hoping to learn how to spin-one of the things I always dreamed of doing.
here are a few pictures so far:




Blog EntryDec 13, '07 10:48 PM
for Kathy's friends & their friends and Kathy's family & their family
Fun!! with the help of hubby and neighbors, I have been getting moved into my new room. The big desk is in, my sewing machine fits perfectly in the side fold out drawer where an old typewriter used to go. We moved in the big green trunk I cleaned up and that is filled to the top with leather scraps and hides. Our antique leather sewing machine is moved-which will be way fun to learn how to use, looking for the table that fits in place with this machine and this will be wonderful to sew all those heavy blue jean quilts on.
  We moved in a couple more trunks, one was my storage space home sewing of clothes etc-haven't looked in this trunk since the late 70s. oh my was that a trip down memory lane going thru the materials. The other black trunk was in mint condition and when we moved it here, got locked, and the key with it does not work, so we went online and found someone that collects and sells the keys-so is coming in the mail.
   Hubby put my little J made jack loom together tonight it is 30 inches wide. this is my loom I learned how to weave with when I started with the phone co. as an operator in denver,co. back in 1978  Larry needs to square it up as it is a bit warped in a couple places.
   the loom parts on the floor is my rug loom. It is a cambridge made by the Reed co. in Ohio. will weave 45 inches wide. Hubby bought me this at a garage sale just before we moved here to missouri. we  are hoping we can figure out how to put it together as it came with several books of the period (1945) and the tie up instructions but no instsructions on how to put the loom together. I posted  on a yahoo weaving group, so hopefully someone has one of these and can send me a picture.
    I have two spinning wheels and the wool to spin, so hoping to learn how to spin-one of the things I always dreamed of doing.
here are a few pictures so far:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails