Saturday, August 11, 2012

Import blog peach brandy

Blog EntryJul 22, '08 3:38 PM
for everyone

  I checked several recipes, in my books and online, and settled with this one-as it was the easiest one to put together right now-and I think it will be really good. I found it at recipezaar
Peach Brandy # 98912
Use only fully ripened unblemished fruit. I saved peaches that were very ripe-not bruised and just a couple days from spoiling-to get all the natural fruit sugars
makes 1 quart
5 cups fresh peaches, washed, pitted and mashed
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar-I used fine granulated organic sugar
1/2 cup honey-I still had some wild honey my friend got me from the woods last year
1 (750 ml) bottle of vodka or brandy
Note-I used vodka and it took me awhile to find information to know how many cups this was. I think this is equal to the 1/5 bottles
I made a batch and half of this recipe
1. use only fully ripened, unblemished fruit
2. wash and remove pits
3. chop and mash fruit-I just realized I took the skins of the peaches without reading closer
4. Place in a plastic container or large glass bottle
5. Dissolve sugar in the vodka or brandy
6. Pour over the fruit
7. Cover and let sit in a cool dark place for 4 to 6 months
8 Strain out the fruit and bottle
9. Your peach brandy is ready to drink!

   I use the food grade buckets you get get for a dollar from wal marts bakery
  Have fun-I tasted it to see if it needed more sugar-this will be really goo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails