Friday, July 27, 2012

Urge to Hand Quilt Again

Remember this quilt? More photos and history of this quilt here wow looking at this album again, I took this quilt off the frame back in 2010 in order to work on two gift quilts.

Yesterday was an odd day, I made our main meal on the grill early in the day-to avoid the extreme heat and possible storms (which the storms never came) and Larry was up working all nite then, and out early working on his truck-so he was really tired and over heated-so after our noon meal took a shower and went to bed.

I had the whole afternoon for a project, so decided to mend a pair of pants for him, and add lots more patches to an old pair of comfy jeans of mine-these jeans are so thin now, that pretty soon they will be all patches-lol I got out a bag of quilt blocks and sewed a bunch of them on this time. I went thru my fabric shelves and re arranged a bit-mostly cause I was looking for something-which ended up not being on the shelves-lol I mailed off all of those strips I had cut to make that double nine patch quilt pattern and packed it up and sent it to my Moms house. I will need a project to work on while I am there, and if she is having a good day we can do that together. she is really good at these little squares-one inch squares sewn into a nine patch.

anyways, going the shelves, I found my big bag of civil war fabric-which is definately a winter project this year, and I ran into this quilt above-took that down from the top shelf-and said yep I need to get this one back on the frame and finished.

So, woke up early and can't get back to sleep-decided to load this onto my old sears hand quilting frame.

I don't know if this is a bad thing, or if this is how creative people work-but I always have so many different projects going on all of the time-I need to get more focused and get these things finished. I need to think on who to leave this quilt to also, someone that will appreciate it-I have no family members to pass this one down to either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails