Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Very First Crazy Quilt Block




  I have a couple of my crazy quilt books out and learning some stitches. This is one of those projects that have been on mind for years so I have collected lots of things for this; silks, wools, velvets (mostly reclaimed from clothing), all sorts of threads, buttons, laces, a few ribbons.
    I have always been a little intimidated looking at all the vintage and new cq's-they are so lovely with all of their embroidery and embellishments-but it will be creative and fun for me to learn how.
    I love wool so I decided on my first practice block to use wool and velvets. Once the seams were embroidered down I just had to stitch on a couple embellishments-next up is to decide what stitch I want to learn next-and where to put it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails