Monday, May 14, 2012

Kathy's Jalapeno-Apple-Green Tomato Relish-canned

Description:
I created this recipe August 2005, and has been one of Larrys favorites.
A friend of ours that always drops off items from his garden brought us a flat of tomatoes, big bag of fresh jalapenos, and some gorgeous large bell green peppers this morning.
Larry brings them in, and says "is this all you need to make the apple relish I like?"
So I finally find my recipe, is nowheres where I thought it was, but I did finally find it, and I had forgotten it takes lots of green tomatoes. So Larry is off to our other new friend-who loves hot stuff-to see if has the green tomatoes-if so will make enough to share.

Ingredients:
1 gallon green tomatoes-hand chopped
2 large onions-hand chopped
1 large bell pepper-hand chopped
30 good sized jalapeno peppers-seeded and hand chopped (I am going to leave the seeds in this time-I won't have burnt hands that way-lol)
4 pie type apples-peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups dark honey
2 1/2 cups vinegar

Directions:
Boil all together about 20 minutes-want it to be cooked thru well, but don't want the apples to tall apart

waterbath can 5 minutes
makes around 7 pints

We opened up the last jar just recently and still was as good as the day I canned it-this is winner of a recipe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails