Monday, May 14, 2012

Canning Pickled Bing Cherries

This recipe is sooooo good.
 
Description:
I found this in a book last year, and I think I may make this next week, when we pick up my big box of bing cherries that I ordered from the amish store.

This recipe is per pint, so depending on how many pints you wish to make, recalculate the ingredient amounts

Ingredients:
2 cups firm bing cherries with stems
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon coriander seed
1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
boiling water

Directions:
wash the cherries with warm water and place in a clean hot jar along with the spices.

heat the vinegar and sugar until sugar is disolved

pour over cherries. Pour in enough boiling water to fill jar with 1/4" headspace.
remove air bubbles
process 10 minutes in boiling water bath

let sit at least 2 weeks before using

I found a similiar but different recipe here: (inludes lots of pretty photos)

http://www.anticiplate.com/entertaining/pickled-bing-cherries-with-lemon-black-pepper-vanilla/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails