Thursday, December 1, 2011

Herbs Ginger





I love ginger, especially this time of year. I find it in my holiday baking, and I often drink cups of ginger tea (along with a slice of candied ginger at the bottom of my cup) for a cold coming on or stomach troubles. It's found in all types of dishes and baking.
It is also an herb with many qualties. Information here and here too
As always if you choose to take ginger as a medicine consult your health practioner first, especially if taking medications. I found this article about cautions here
There are many recipes on line using ginger frome homemade ginger ale, to stir frys, to baking. I decided to share this link to Eating Well's article on healthy ginger recipes and cooking tips here This includes a full range of recipes. I liked the looks of this cookie recipe:
Blueberry & White Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies Recipe
Blueberry and White Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookie recipe here

And here is a Ginger Ale recipe from Alton Brown
Picture of Ginger Ale Recipe


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails