Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chicken Soup for a Rainy Tuesday

Since I have been doing all this heavy cleaning and painting the last two weeks, I have been cooking just simple quick meals.
Sunday I got out my clay roaster and roasted one of the chickens Mr. L prepared for us along with lots of turnips, potatoes and a sprinkling of limes and herbs.
This roaster makes such excellent broth too, so yesterday I finished cooking down for soup. The soup was sooo delicious thought I would share my recipe.
Kathy's Roasted Chicken Soup
Roast a whole chicken the method you prefer you prefer-I used my clay baker roaster
Enjoy a meal when it comes out of the oven, then next day cook everything down for a couple hours into stock. Strain, cool, and skim the fat.
Bring the stock up to a simmer, add in the chicken meat.
Next I added a package of my own turnip greens, and a package of chantrelle mushrooms that I had sauted in butter-cooled and froze. This addition really stepped up the flavor of the soup. Add your favorite fresh mushroom that has been sliced and sauted in butter.
I then added in my favorite rice pasta, so here it's your pasta choice.
When the pasta is cooked tender, serve in soup mugs or something fun.
Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails