Friday, October 21, 2011

Dried Tomatoes in Olive OIl

Have any of you made this? or when you purchased it-what do you make with it??
I love this site and here is a how to http://www.pickyourown.org/tomatoes_sun_dried.htm
I have one dryer filled with sliced green tomatoes, some partially ripe tomatoes. I decided to slice them instead of chopping-cause it is faster for me to do-and I think I can do more things with them in slices.
This got me to thinking of those pretty jars you see with sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and spices. Pretty pricey too and just as easy to make yourself. But what do you do with them? Just eat them as a side, put on sandwiches? I have not tried this, but thought I may now.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil. Photo by Sweetiebarbara found on food network
sundriedtom.jpg
found here with recipe

Has any one made a green tomato jam?? I found several ideas online for this too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails