Friday, September 16, 2011

My Glass Angel Food Cake Pan is Home


Let me take home a vintage kitchen piece and I am a happy happy person. lol Larry had to go into the town where the resale shops are, and I said wait I am coming with, I gotta get my pan out of layaway.
I love the little legs on this piece too-for cooling the cake when it comes out of the oven. I think this will be perfect for baking fruit breads-it looks a little small for my angle food cake recipe, would also be perfect for a chocolate cake and such too.
I felt even better when I picked it up. The store was really busy, so I walked on down to where the owner was at a register. When he came back he said wow! this is heavy and definately not made in China is it? I said no way, that's why only buy vintage pyrex and glass kitchen stuff. I opened it up and showed him what was in the bag and he said-you did good, these pieces rarely came in. I said Monday I didn't have any cash on me so I put this on layaway cause I knew I would regret not getting this. and he said I am glad you got it. So that made me feel good, someone that realized what this was. A piece our grandmas and moms would have used in the kitchen-I love that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails